Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Me!bourne

First things first...




Your name in Elvish, as requested by Liz.

A chapter of my life has come to a close. Oh, I am happy that it's over and all... It's just that I feel a little bereft as now I have to leave the relative security of student life and join the ranks of the working world. It's a whole different ball game out there... And I don't know the rules! Good luck to me...


I have to pack up my life here. 5 and a half years, 3 moves, 4 different bedrooms, 2 beds, 2 toasters, 2 laptops, friends innumerable and etcetera have come and gone. From just one overstuffed suicase so many years ago, I now have a whole friggin townhouse-and-garage-full of stuff. Along the way, I've picked up the love of my life, dance (the second love of my life), bartending, WoW, gained 2 dress sizes, mastered numerous dishes, fed so many stray friends, petted so many strange dogs and perfected the fine art of rolling out of bed being ready to go in 3 mins or less. How fast can YOU do what I call "zero to go"?


How can I take everything with me?


The regular flat white, one sugar, from Cinque Lire I have everytime I go into uni. The Madison magazine I pick up every month from the newsagents at Chadstone (my second home). The beautiful ruby-red port from Red Hill Estate that I love. The brilliant, eye-watering blue of the Melbourne sky on a clear day. The fabulous duck fried rice from Rose Garden near the corner of Elizabeth and A'Beckett. The irresistable and mania-inducing End-of-Financial-Year sales every June. Sunday Market at St Kilda. Pastries from Europa. Jammies from Peter Alexander.


This is the Melbourne that I love. Soon, I'll have to go. But with a bit of luck, I'll be back. Even if only to visit. Till then, try not to change too much.


Okay?

3 comments:

Mel said...

i think it's time to move on to a life filled with people that love and care about you within less than 10km radius =) I wont be forever stuck in UK you know...wait for me you nut.

Eek said...

5 1/2 years huh. Thats what? 2003?

Since 2003 I've been married-divorced-remarried-separated, I've gone from having 2 kids to 4, I've had 3 jobs, I've gone up a whole dress size (those two babies dammit!), I've developed a blogging/msn addiction, I've gone from playing lots of sport to being a gamer WoW geek, I've owned and sold a house, I've been through two cars, and I've gone from financially stable to broke to stable to broke again. I think thats everything.

I think I win lol.

Ju$t m3 said...

shyucks woman, ur making me feel so nostalgic bout aussie *sob*