Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am a geek!

Reason 1:

"Nani suru desuka?"

I have downloaded and watched so much anime that I can understand and speak basic Japanese.







Reason 2:

I am learning to write Elvish. Yes, Tolkien Elvish. And I even think it's cool ^^







Excuse the bad handwriting.


Scenario 3:

I play games. I loved SimCity, Civilisation 4, all of the Heroes of Might and Magic, all of the Monkey Island, all of The Sims etc. I still have my character from Diablo II, a level 44 Necromancer. And I play the mother of all MMORPGs, World of Warcraft (The Burning Crusade).

Note: I am writing this on Tuesday night, which is when all servers are offline for maintenance. Guess what I would be doing otherwise?



Disclaimer: That is not my character. It's Chee Mun's character, some time ago. And he's posing in front of a dungeon boss. I don't know why...


Scenario 4:

Last week, I was at a potluck dinner and the people just so happened to be evenly split, 4 girls and 4 guys. The host for the evening took part in the annual Run for the Kids marathon last year and had kept his participant's number. It was displayed prominently and someone enquired about it. His number was 13372.

'1337' is gamer-speak for 'leet', or 'elite'. The number '2' makes it spell 'too elite', which was why he hung on to the number. And I was the only other person there who knew that.


Sigh. I am such a geek.

Amelyn
70 Human Destruction Warlock
Jubei'Thos

"Heal me, I'm gonna seed those suckas"

4 comments:

Mel said...

The elvish thing so cool wan! Write my name for me in elvish also.

And since when were you NOT a geek?

Xiao_zhai said...

omg......

really woman, you beat me hands down.

said...

geekilicious!

xx

Eek said...

LOLing in real life!

You even blogged a screenshot! Dammit!

We should have a geekiest blog competition. Every WoW reference you can come up with.

But, yeah, not til next Tuesday night...